Monday, December 10, 2007

...Some Like It Hot!




One of the first things I learned to make was a basic Salsa used to top Carne asada wrapped in warm tortillas. The great thing about salsa is that you can play around with the basic recipe and each time you get something new and exciting. Due to my propensity for spicy foods I usually get accused of making my salsa too hot, which is a nice problem to have because then there's more for you. However you can always add Cilantro or an Avacado if things really get out of control. Here's the basic recipe for what I like to call Habenero Salsa.
2-3 Large Tomatoes
8-10 Tomatillos
3 cloves of Garlic
6-7 Dried Chili de Arbol
1 Habenero Chili
2 Cerrano Peppers
3 Tablespoons Salt
Cajun Spice
1 Tablespoon Tequila
A splash of Lime

Boil:
Tomatillos and Tomatoes until soft.

Roast:
Chilis and Garlic in a pan.

Combine ingredients in a blender (or if your Old School in a mortar and pestle) and blend together.

No comments: